Monday, March 8, 2010

The Littlest Heroes Project | Colorado Springs Photographer

About 2 1/2 years ago I started this journey in photography, and I could have never have guessed God would have brought me to this point at this time. I absolutely LOVE what I do, and get excited about most every part of the job. (Except the taxes & business part of it, haha!). I get excited when a new client calls. I get excited in a session when lighting and kids and angles and things just fall perfectly into place. I get excited when I learn something new (that happens daily!). I get excited when a faithful client calls again and again and again. I get excited when a mom and/or dad responds to their sneak peek or CD. I get excited when I capture the 'look we have tried to catch so many times!' So many things about my job as a photographer are rewarding and exciting!

Now it gets even better. Recently, I joined and was accepted to a program called The Littlest Heroes Project. I have been looking for something more to do with my passion for photography. I knew I could make a difference in the lives of those who needed it most....and I just didn't know how. There have been a few outreach programs that have come across my plate over the last few years, all very worthy causes. But I waited. Not sure why, but I waited. And when a friend and fellow photographer shared Littlest Heroes with me it took no more than a breath (and a little tear or two) and I knew that this was it. So I applied, and am now a part of a fantastic program for children with cancer and other childhood diseases. I don't know when I'll be called...I don't know how often it will be...but I know that even if I only meet one Little Hero over the next 10 years it will be an honor and a complete JOY.

I'm excited!!!

If you, or someone you know, has a child with cancer or any other serious childhood illness, please check out The Littlest Heroes Project.

No comments: