Wednesday, June 2, 2010

the last-minute-sleepy-baby theory

I have a theory...and this session proved it. :)

In a successful newborn session, the first 1.5 hours are a stressful mess of trying to get baby to sleep, trying to get decent awake photos, and just worrying that baby will never sleep and you won't get those sweet smooshy sleeping baby photos.

Then, out of nowhere, the baby falls into a deep sleep and the last 20 minutes of the session you are snapping away like a mad woman getting all those smooshy baby shots!

There is just something about a sleeping newborn that makes for the perfect newborn photo. Thanks to B&L for trusting me with your new little man's pictures. It was wonderful to meet you!






4 comments:

Bobbi said...

We love the photos! And your last 20 minute theory sure proved true!
Thank you,
Leif and Bobbi

Pam Linfitt Photograpy said...

I LOVE the smooshy baby pics!! Great job!!

Do you realize this is the first time I had a peek at your blog with my volume on? I really love the song you chose to use!

Unknown said...

Liam's First Baby Pics came out so well!!! He looks as delightful here as in person!! I just returned home from meeting him and seeing his mom & dad...so am very glad to see these beautiful pics of my new & first Grandson!! (My mom sang "you are my sunshine" to all of us, and I sang it to Leif, Liam's dad.) The circle of life & generations continue...
Lovely lovely work...thank you so much. Grandma Joy

Kristi Steeger said...

Thank you so much!!

Grandma Joy - congrats on your new grandson. He is precious! (I'm sure you know that already!!) Thank you so much for your kind words. They really make my day, and remind me of the reason I love my job as much as I do. Thank you!

Pam - too funny! I love the song...I feel like it's a song that everyone can get a pulled heart string from! ;)