Sunday, October 3, 2010

{will}

Meet Will...


An energetic 7 year old who loves legos, wrestling, playing 'castle' with his sister and hotwheels with his brother. When he first arrived at the session he was quiet but completely ready for photos. By the end, he was climbing down walls of rock and back up again faster than I could snap the shutter! You'd never know Will had a congential heart defect by looking at him.


At six days old Will was diagnosed with a coarctation of his aorta and a bicuspid aortic valve. He had surgery in the first week of his life to repair the coarctation, and the bicuspid aortic valve will be monitored the rest of his life.


What I find most amazing about Will is his desire to give back. For his last birthday, he had all of his guests bring gifts that would be donated to his cardiologist's office. With two children of my own who LOVE birthday gifts, I know how selfless and mature such an act of kindess is.


Will - your spirit of giving inspires me. You are a fun and energetic little guy and I really enjoyed climbing the rocks with you!










No comments: